......in the next chapter of my life's journey!!!
If I live to be 96, then this year would signify the half way point in my life.....my midlife. Most people at my age are becoming empty nesters, downsizing and winding down towards retirement. So why am I still raising children, caring for my parents and pursuing higher education at the faculty of Education at Western? Why would a menopausal middle-aged woman decide to risk it all while still juggling everything else? It's a Calling.....the understanding that everything has fallen into place to bring me to that point in my life where I KNOW intrinsically that it is what I was meant to do. The cancer journey that ended a career, the time I needed to discover my passions and the conviction to pursue another path.
When I applied to the Faculty of Education, I had no idea how I would pay for it, what I would do to earn a living while attending classes and if I would even qualify to be accepted. I did have faith and a whole lot of it and the belief that it would all somehow work out.....this coming from a person who worries about everything!! Within weeks of acceptance, struggling to get re-instated after a major deadline was missed due to an error in communication, I was on my way. A few weeks after that, a monentary gift from my parents answered some of my financial woes...it was now time to move forward and simply not look back.....
I am eternally grateful for the support and affection from my family, friends and colleagues as I embark on this new adventure. This blog's for you and for all those who have inspired me up to now and for those who are about to inspire, encourage and challenge me!!!
Well written and I look forward to reading more!!!
ReplyDelete