Monday, September 17, 2012

......think I might just have a cure.....

......for insomnia!!!!  Each and every time I pull out the book for Ed Psych.....I get through a handful of pages and wake up hours later feeling confused but rested.  I thought it was a phenomena until I asked a friend of mine who giggled, then advised me to just scan the pages and take notes.  Apparently I spend so much time trying to figure out the mass amount of terminology that my brain shuts down.  The reboot time takes hours to complete!!!  Last chapter discussed Pavlov's dog....woke up to a wet shirt front and my face stuck to the leather recliner...when the door bell rang.

I spent yesterday morning struggling to get through the third chapter of the book.  After 6 hours, I decided it was time to read something else and meet a deadline for a course in Aboriginal Studies.  The reading from that book was considerably shorter by 5 hours but the 750 word essay would prove to eat up the remaining time.  As I am typing, I look over to see the Ed Psych book beside me and the yawning has started....I pray no one rings the doorbell.

My brother in law and myself went to Stratford on Saturday for the Dragonboating Festival.  It was such a great day out on the water.  In our second heat of the day, we ended up paddling in what we later and affectionately (?) called 'the concrete canoe'. We were dead last and 15 seconds behind the three teams we were competing against.  It felt like we were dragging an anchor behind us.  I had visions of it collecting and dragging submerged logs.  The boat we were supposed to get from the race before was damaged by posts sticking up along the shallow shoreline.

These next few weeks are going to be busy with reading....dear God, and creating a number of written essays.  There are quizzes and exam essays to consider for the week after next, which then leads us into our first practicum. I have asked to be situated into a high school that offers challenges in diversity.  The best way to learn happens when we face our biggest challenges. While I am nervous about being evaluated every step of the way, I am excited for the challenges that lay ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment