..... and feeling some sense of relief around the corner!!! It has been a hugely busy semester what with dozens of assignments, a handful of essays, some final quizzes and next Friday will come the final test just before practicum begins.
The play was a success!!! Alice through the Looking Glass was a tremendous amount of fun and laughter with an amazing cast and crew. With Wednesday 13th of February, our opening night, the jitters were kept at bay by the support and hugs of cast members, Thursday's play brought with it suppressed hysteria as Katie's eyelash came unglued and I tried hard not to!! Friday's play wrought havoc with Gerrad breaking a bone in his left foot as he was running in circles on stage. It was also the night my family and friends came to watch the play and brought an armload of flowers....some are still so pretty in the vase. As much as part of me was looking forward to getting free time to breathe.....I miss the hustle and bustle of the theatre life. Would I consider doing another play? Perhaps, if the right role came up, I just might. I have learned so much from being in such a dynamic group of people.
I am looking forward to the end of the semester next Friday.....we have all had enough and just want to get on with the business of getting into our careers and back to what is a more normal schedule. The weather is so depressing with the constant swing in temperature, rain, snow, sleet and high winds. It is affecting my mood. Yesterday in class, I felt terribly embarrassed by a couple sitting in the front of the class in the aisle between desks facing each other and stroking each other's arms when I had to try to get around them to exit the class. While I do not consider myself a prude, I do not feel comfortable with this constant show of affection in a professional environment.
Today is the day we hand in our Educational Psychology paper. I tried my best to write it in APA format which is very precise, right down to the punctuation between names and dates. I only pray I have done this correctly. Apparently the latest Word program will automatically format to suit this style of presentation. I wrote my paper on Language impairment and Giftedness after learning how to research using the journal articles available in the Faculty Library online search engine. Very cool how that system is set up to be able to quickly read the Abstract of the paper, get the citation, download the article to refer to later or to tag the article to look at it later. I did learn the value of never forgetting to bring a thumb drive with you when in the Library.....I initially did a lot of research and had no access to my student drive!!!!
Later this morning I have an appointment to actually cancel my gym membership???? Apparently, they just go ahead and continue with your membership without advance notice of reapplying. It will be great seeing Kat again for a quick social chat before heading back to classes. Gerrad is hosting a 'Shave your Head' for youth with Cancer today. I am so amazed by this guy who is so incredibly thoughtful and brave to share his story and to raise the funds for this worthy cause. I will make it back in time.....at least I hope to, to witness the shaving of the heads.
My Dad is in a new home finally after months of waiting. He seems to be much happier in the new place. This week, the floor is closed to visitors according to a phone call from Mom last night. There is a bug going through the home which is giving the residents the trots. I had a minor bought of it for the past week and wonder if I happen to pick it up when I visited with him last week? I had a minor flu over Christmas which left me tired but thankfully not super sick like some people were.
Happy 16th birthday to Mitchel!!! I love you so much!!!!
....... well, it's off to get a quick shower and get ready for a busy day..... did not sleep much, but then I rarely get much at the best of times with a chronic sinusitis that keeps me up. I finished 5 weeks of antibiotics which turned my system topsy turvey and only cleared the sinuses for that time period. My ears are constantly plugged unless I take the Advil cold and sinus medication. OK spring...... come now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment