Monday, November 26, 2012

....an exciting audition....

......in a dynamic environment!!!!  It is only 30 years later, and I now have the courage, spunk and desire to live out some of the things I never had the nerve to try.  I stood on the stage at 7:30 tonight, sang 'Oh Canada', played a quick part as Alice in Wonderland and did a few dance moves.....and I felt amazing!!!!  This is the gift of enjoying your life and every single moment of it.  I have made some amazing  friends and I spend my days feeling excited to be given this incredible opportunity.....the chance to really live my life.  My friend and colleague sat in the front seat and enjoyed the experience of watching me perform.  Yes, sweet Veronica, it really is like the movies!!!  She is a talented hair and make-up artist and wants to help behind the stage.  Our other techie colleagues willl help support behind the scenes to make this a fun filled experience.

......earlier today.....

Monday started with a cup of chocolate raspberry coffee....yum!!!  Off to Aboriginal studies in a circle and enjoyed listening to some funny and not so funny stories told by our groups.  Today, we needed to understand the power of telling stories and what oral storytelling means to different people and the power of telling a story to lead into a lecture.  We then had an opportunity to meet with two guidance teachers for the Fourth R program which is offered in thousands of education environments to teach healthy relationships and mentoring for Aboriginal students.  There are three high schools that offer this  leadership course in London.  I was very blessed to have been able to participate in one such program on my practicum placement.

I received two assignments back with both earning 100%.  The lecture I gave in our Instructional course  was one I used in the civics course I taught in practicum.  It was phenomenal and I really worked hard on creating an interactive and interesting group activity.  The paper was based on the rationale as to why we really need technological studies.

After school, it was off to Costco to go shopping with the girls and have a quick bite to eat.  I got to push the cart :) and we all got to laugh and laugh and laugh....just drinking in every moment and enjoying the ride!!  We all managed to join the meeting in progress of the first GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) gathering at the Faculty.  Fantastic that there has been the desire to create a safe environment for Gay/Lesbian/bi members of the school and to have those of us who want to support them to be there.

What a great adventure!!!!  I hope you all venture forth and find what makes your soul sing!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment