Sunday, November 18, 2012

......six weeks later....

......and we are heading back to classes tomorrow...

    The time has flown by and so much has happened....I started in one school, moved to another a week later and found myself paired with a natural mentor.  He has taught me so much in the short time I have been there and a part of me doesn't want to leave. While we have different styles, I am in awe of how he effectively deals with some of the most difficult personalities.... I watched a student go from not wanting to cooperate, to one who became involved in the class discussion sans attitude.

     I am looking forward to attending classes again as a student.  I did after all decide that I would enjoy every minute of this experience and I can honestly say that I am.  Friday was a PD day at the high school filled with meetings and a parting of ways. It was difficult keeping emotions at bay with another candidate tearing up every time she saw me.  She wants to stay and continue teaching and I have to admit that a part of me will stay once I step out into the late afternoon sunshine.  My associate and I exchange gifts - he gave me a T-shirt from the DIG convention and I gave him a gift I had commissioned my husband to make - a weapon from StarCraft.  We hug and promise to keep in touch.  We will hug again later when the final assembly takes place and we know the day is over.  I tell him how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to be mentored by an inspiring teacher.  I have learned so much and am eager to learn so much more.  Thank you so much!!!

I am tidying up the written projects which are due this week.  I have been working steadily on my Career Catalog and am nearing completion.  With some helpful hints from other teachers and a VP, I know it will be a good project when completed.

It's time to head off to bed and get some much needed sleep before an early start in the morning.  Three more weeks until Christmas!!!!  Happy Birthday today to my Mother-in-law.  Sending her smoochies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment